Squadron A was founded in New York on April 2, 1889

The Squadron A Association is a volunteer, social and philanthropic organization which provides a venue for like minded men and women to continue, preserve and forward the traditions, memory and contributions of Squadron A and the Horse Cavalry.


ABOUT
SQUADRON A


1889

Founded


700+

Members


In peacetime both between the Wars and directly following, the Squadron was the focus of active social life. Aside from official ceremonial duties, there was indoor polo in the Armory every Saturday night followed by a black tie-dance and many Sunday afternoon tea dances.